Mould is always caused by too much damp.
To stop damp:
• Air out the room two to three times daily
• Wipe up after yourself when you use the bathroom and kitchen
• Repair any damage
Any small areas of mould can be washed away.
• Ordinary cleaning detergent
• A brush or scouring pad
• Scrub the area with soap and water
• Wipe up afterwards
• Let the area dry thoroughly
Look out for recurring damp or mould.
Contact the landlord in your property if:
• it covers an area larger than two hands
• you don’t know where the dampness is coming from